13 January, 2016

Week 15 post Bypass Surgery

Week 2 post barnacle removal:
I am feeling much better this week. My 2 week post op appt with Dr. O went very well. I am healing slowly, but still healing. I have weaned myself off the pain meds. I really dislike not being able to think straight. 

15 weeks post Bariatric surgery:
I am doing pretty well on this front as well. 

High weight was 315 lbs
Current weight 243.8 lbs
Weight loss 71.2 lbs

I am starting to take a selfie everyday so I can see my changes. At least one a month it will be a full body shot. Most of the time, it will be like the photo above. 

In the next week I am allowed to start walking more, bending some and possibly drive again. So, I am charging my Fitbit and setting my steps for 1000. Seems low, but it's more than I have been allowed to do since the 28th. 

A couple weeks ago Sarge sent me a link to Spaghetti Squash stuffed with Chicken Parm. The recipe sounded good, but it was breaded fried chicken in sauce placed over spaghetti squash with full fat cheese. Yeah. This doesn't fit into the lifestyle we have changed to. So, I reworked the recipe so it no longer had all the carbs (56g), fat (28g),  and calories (740). 
Even Sarge said this was a keeper. 
Here is my interpretation:



Spaghetti Squash stuffed with Chicken Parm
 1 med/large spaghetti squash
Olive oil spray (I use a misto)
Black pepper
Salt
Oregano 

Preheat oven to 375
Poke squash around lengthwise with a knife (---------} 

Microwave for 5 minutes
Use poke line to cut squash in half and remove seeds/guts


Spray cleaned squash lightly with oil
Sprinkle with pepper, salt and oregano. 
Place cut side down on cookie sheet or roasting pan. 

Bake for 40 minutes

Filling:
1 cup pasta sauce
8 ounces of chopped cooked chicken
1/4 cup shredded 4 cheese Italian mix
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/8 cup parsley flakes
1 tbs Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder

Mix all but sauce in a bowl. 
Turn squash over. 

Using a fork, scrape the meat of the squash. Spoon pasta sauce on top. Place Meat mixture on top 

Topping: 
1/4 cup shredded 4 cheese Italian mix
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Sprinkle with more parsley 


Bake for another 20 minutes
Serves 4
Each serving: 281 calories 26g protein 26g carbs 9g fat

I think next time I will add onion and bell pepper to the meat mixture. 
The amount I could eat. 






No comments: