09 October, 2015

Post op doctors visit

I saw the doctor and the dietitian yesterday. I am only one week out but with scheduling, this was when they could do my two week post op. 
First up - the weigh in:
 Officially I am 300 lbs. 15 lbs lost since this began. 
Next- the food:
 I am supposed to be getting 60g protein and 64oz of liquids. I'm averaging 40g of protein and 32oz of liquids. According to Doctor Foote, I'm pretty much on schedule and as my Tazzy the Pouch's swelling goes down, I will be able to hit my goals. I'm healing well and everything looks good on the incisions. 
The dietitian wants me to split up my vitamins so they can be absorbed better. So, I instantly put that into my Mango Health app on the iPad. Then I had to explain the app, she will be checking it out. So easy to use and I don't have to think about taking pills. 
I have a bit of edema in my tummy area. Basically, it means I am retaining water. As I get to move move more and have the ability to drink more, then this will right itself out. In the meantime, I am a bit distended in an uneven way in my tummy. I'm still wearing loose fitting clothing so as not to upset my incisions, so it's not really noticeable. I am released to start walking on the treadmill. Take it slow and work up from there. I should also get into a routine of small hand weights in the next week or two. 
I was given my food plan through 6 weeks. In a few days, I can start soft foods like Greek yogurt, low fat refried beans, maltomeal and such. About 4 weeks out I can start trying steamed veggies, soft meats and more of a normal diet. I was surprised that carbs were allowed in these stages, but was told not to worry about it. A well rounded diet is what I am aiming for. Tazzy will let me know if I am ready for a food or not. 
All in all it was a good appointment. I have a lot of reading material to go over as it was information overload. 

3 comments:

Sally said...

It was a lot of information overload for me as well. I love hearing about your journey. I am almost 4 years out RNY and am down 87 pounds. I would love to lose more but, seeing as I don't exercise regularly I can't expect more.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a grand plan. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a grand plan. Keep up the good work.