12 February, 2014

I can have cookies!

I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  I am changing my lifestyle to live. This is not a choice anymore, it is a must.
I have cut most of the bad carbs out of my food, but I still have cravings.
Today, on Pinterest, I saw a recipe for banana oatmeal cookies. These were the only ingredients. 
Why not? I have bananas and oats.
The recipe:
2 ripe bananas- mashed
1 cup oatmeal
Mix, drop by teaspoon on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 350

I had to change it.
I used:
2 ripe bananas- sliced
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats

Mix in food processor.
Drop by teaspoon onto baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes at 350.

They are so good!
Next time I think I will add a bit of dark cocoa powder.

Made 16 cookies
42 calories
8 carbs

No comments: