21 August, 2012

Catching up

August always seems to be a busy month for us here at Casa Coggie. This year was no exception.
I left on the 8th for Schaumburg, IL, north of Chicago, for Stitches Midwest. This is a convention for people who play with yarn and fiber. I went over on the Lake Express Ferry which made traveling easy. 30 minutes from home, I boarded the boat and then only had a 90 minute drive down to the hotel.
Here is my flickr set.
It was a wonderful, fun filled weekend among people who talked my language.
When the show was over, before I headed home, I took a trip to Ikea for the first time. I bought just a few items, I want to go back and buy more!
Main purchases were two more lamb skin rugs and two end tables for the living room.
100_3279
Then on Friday I headed over to Midland, MI for a friends wedding.We had the rehearsal and dinner on Friday night before setting up the reception hall. Then on Saturday, the wedding was at 3pm. The weather was perfect for an outdoor wedding. I was the "Best man by proxy" so I was not able to get a lot of photos.  Flickr set here I wish the couple many years of happiness together.
On Sunday I headed home and just lazed around all day Monday.
I am happy to be home and ready for a few weeks of not going anywhere!

No comments: