22 July, 2012

Spin/Dye Day and TdF ends

Yesterday I met up with friends for a dyeing and spin day.
It was cool enough in the morning and early afternoon to be outside.
We all had fun!
yarma
yarma
Clean hands!
yarma
Sort of clean hands!
yarma
Messy hands! I don't wear gloves when I dye wool.
yarma
yarma
After the fiber had been heated. Cooling then rinsing at home.
My fiber while drying- before fluffing
yarma
1 pound of SW
yarma
4 oz. KP Bare in Raspberry

This is also the end of Tour de Fleece. I did not reach my goal of 40 ounces spun and plied.
I have spun 22 ounces, Plied 20 of them and still have 18 to go. Maybe by September I can have this done.
20 ounces plied. 20 more to spin.
That is 1143 yards so far.

2 comments:

A Life of Knitting said...

Love all the colors and your TDF is devine!

Debbie T said...

1143 yards!!! I still call that a win...well done!!! (Love the last pic!)