You can link up on Joyce's blog and play along.
1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year's Superbowl lineup will feature The New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'?
Someone that supports the fundamentals of the country that they hail from and are willing to do what is needed to see that stand for future generations.
2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'?
The amount of yarn that it takes to make myself a sweater.
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?
Freedom. 18 was my year of fun. I was not living at home. I worked full time but still had time to hang with my friends. It was a very eyeopening year for me.
4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up?
Mashed Potatoes!! I love mashed potatoes, they are my comfort food. I don't have them often, but when I do, I want them. Most of the time we have mashed Cauliflower instead, but nothing is better than mashed potatoes when I need a bit of old fashioned comfort. Another plus is that leftovers can be made into mashed potato soup, potato pancakes or topping for shepherds pie. mmm!
5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as the coldest you've ever experienced?
Coldest, as in burr- Yeah, I live in Michigan. Most of the winter it is the coldest I have ever been in. However, I do remember out in California when I was a teenager, our car broke down on the side of the highway. We did not have coats with us and it was freezing. Yes, California can be colder than Michigan if you are not prepared.
6. You're hosting a brunch...what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve?
Open faced egg sandwiches. It is an English muffin with a scrambled egg on it. On top you put two slices of bacon, shredded sharp cheddar cheese and a slice of tomato. Broil. You can make about a dozen at a time on a broiler pan. So good!
7. How do you combat negative thinking?
To stop negative thinking, I try to climb inside a good book. There are times this is my only way of escaping problems that arrive in life. It also clears my mind so that I can face whatever problem that the negative thinking is caused from.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am excited to start the Fiber Sampler that I received in the mail this week. It is from Woolgatherings . For the next almost 6 months, I will be talking about a different breed a week on my podcast. Pictures of the study can be found here. This is different from other samplers I have attempted, as it is all processed fiber. I have found that I really do not like to clean my own fiber and will leave that up to people who do it better than I do. Please head over to Woolgatherings and order a sampler so you can spin along with me.