30 April, 2011

Knitting for Christmas

Yes, it is the end of April and I am talking about Christmas.

I have decided to do two projects for Christmas that will take up a lot of my summer knitting time. They are both small knits, so take a long projects that make for perfect summer knitting.






and the other is Knit your own Royal Wedding.


You see, I have a grand daughter who will turn 3 just before Christmas. Three year olds are just gaining imagination and love to play. I want her to have City Folks and Country Folks to play with at Gramma's house.

I normally use socks as my take along project during the summer, but I was able to get one of the books on my Kindle and the other is small enough to fit in a small project bag. I know I have tons of fingering and dk yarn in my stash that I will be able to use up on these projects.

I think it will be fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your granddaughter is going to be thrilled!! I hope you'll post progress pictures!

wooliegirl said...

I'm not 3 and I want them all :) What a wonderful gift, please do keep us posted as you knit. I would love to see each little figure.

JavaNut said...

And if those don't drive you crazy, look at the different mice 'sets' by Alan Dart! I'm hoping to do one of his nativity sets for Christmas...

http://www.alandart.co.uk/pages/products

Coggie said...

Oh my goodness those are cute!!

Coggie said...

I will be posting pictures :)