13 October, 2010

Random Eleven

You can link up here.

1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.)

I can't think of any. There probably are, but really, I can't think of any right now.

2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")

I like full words. I can read it, but really, do I need to?

3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.

In my senior picture I was wearing a black and grey pinstriped jumpsuit with a black velvet jacket. I had 80's hair and 80's make-up and no I will not post it.

"poor #4. I have no idea what happened to him. Maybe he felt too good to be part of my Random list. Maybe he was a question about national security or the public education system or the meaning of life. And so he just disappeared before I noticed to be disassociated from all the riff-raff questions about high school pictures.

We'll just soldier on without him."


5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.
Homecoming dance my senior year was a combined school dance. I think it was the first time they did it off campus. We dressed up, went out and found the dance to be rather boring. I think we then headed up to Littlerock Dam to go to a party instead.

6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?"

I like both. I am just hardly ever up early enough to see the sun rise. I am quite a night owl.

7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?"

get a tattoo- I am thinking of a heart shaped yarn ball with a knitting needle & crochet hook. I want dog tags hanging off the hook.

8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?"

My husband asked me this the night we met, many moons ago. At that time I said a giraffe. Now, I would say a desert tortoise, so I could have a good long life in the desert I love.

9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location.

In 2000, we had just moved to Michigan from California. I had just lost my mother to a battle with illness that had lasted for 4 years. I was not married to the man that I crossed the United States to be with. I was working two jobs to keep my children fed. I can say looking back I was lost and struggling to come to terms with who I was. I am glad I made that journey.

10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?

I don't think I do. Other may have another opinion ;)

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?"

A caramel apple. I have not had mine for the season yet.

12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.)

The Jetsons. I want to fly in space.

5 comments:

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

DARN IT! I didn't think of the Jetsons! LOL! Great answers!

Nel said...

Jetsons good answer. I am like you I have no problem using full words. Love your missing question answer. Fun post!
until next time... nel

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Coggie...what wonderful answers!!!

Your story about where you were ten years ago is so sad, but isn't it amazing to see how far you've come? Wow!

Thena said...

Great answers. Shows just how strong of a woman you are. I couldn't imagine moving across the state much less country with all you were going through.

Joyce said...

The Jetsons! I agree...wish I'd thought of that one!