22 July, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award



On Monday my friend and fellow blogger AuburnChick tagged me with the Versatile Blogger award.


The rules for this award are:


Thank the person who gave you the award.
Thanks, AuburnChick!!!!


List 7 things that people may not know about you.


I waited until today to post this as I had to really think about what people don't know about me. I happen to be quite open here on the blog.


1. I love vegetables. Yes, you all know that, but there are two I will not eat. No way, no fashion, just don't serve them to me. Eggplant and Brussel sprouts. I love boiled cabbage, but not baby cabbages.


2. I will not eat ketchup or Mayo as a condiment. I will cook with either if it is inside a recipe, but I don't like the taste of either plain.


3. I do my checkbook in my head and only sit down to balance it once a month when the statement comes from the bank.


4. I have a collection of Teddy Bears that contains an original Paddington bear, Pooh bear and Pooky bear.


5. I do not like the colors red and white for a vehicle and will not ride in one. My Uncle Joe was killed while driving a red and white van and the only airplane accident my father ever had was when flying a red and white plane. He flipped it on landing. Mom and him walked away.


6. I am in the middle of redoing the theme in my bedroom. It is being done up in Red, White, and Blue. Early American, with quilts, wood and distressed white furniture.


7. I love pencils. The sound of a pencil being sharpened and the smell takes me back to fond memories of grade school. Each year when I get college supplies, I pass up the mechanical pencils and go straight to the ones with the #2 on the side.


And now to tag some friends who deserve this award.

SillyFru: Because I love her spunk and it comes through on her blog
Wooliegirl: Because I have just started reading her blog and am loving it.
MrsPivec: Because her blog is not only wonderful but can be Educational as well.

2 comments:

wooliegirl said...

OH MY GOSH, I am honored, thank you so much! Geez I have never been picked for anything...here goes...thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man...I am with you on the eggplant and brussel sprouts! My mom made me eat the sprouts when I was younger, and they were nasty!!!