15 May, 2010

Way Random ...Wednesday on Saturday

1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great!

No pictures, have no idea where that album is right now. Memory though I can do. We had our graduation on the football field. It was grass and not to level. I was not sure if I was more afraid of falling in the heels I wore or of the wind flipping my dress up. I remember getting the diploma holder and then having to go afterwards to pick up the actual diploma. That way no one got the wrong one. After party was at my house. Nothing like the open houses here, it was an actual party. Lots of us drank too much, but it was fun.

2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times?

For the car: Jumper cables. I even bought a new set for Kanga.
For me: I try to leave a sock knitting bag in the car so I don't go stir crazy when I have to wait somewhere.

3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar?

Yes, in this area they do. My daughter is graduating this year so I swear there are about 80 invites. I will probably attend 3 or 4. But I have to do presents for at least 12, all her friends.

4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood.

Here are a few:
When you think you are playing the game right, the rules change.
Cherish each year you have with your kids, they move out way too soon.
It is not necessary to be their friend while they are growing up. Having them as friends when they are grown is a blessing.

5. What was the last thing you broke?

My suitcase. The feet at the bottom, one broke last night as I was setting it on the suitcase holder in the room. Need to buy new luggage.


6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily?

In the snail mail, very few. Maybe 3 or 4 a week.
In email, I have one email that I use when signing up for stuff, so my regular email stay relatively clear of junk.

7. Do you like to shop by catalog?

Not really. I am a tactile person. I want to touch before I buy.

8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job?

Well, normally it is a teenager or husband thing. But this year it is me, all me. Teenagers are moving off to college and their own homes and hubs is deployed.

9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home?

My living room. I want comfortable furniture. Soon...

10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line?

Right now I can say I avoid the news. I need upbeat stuff in my life.

11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason?

Yes.

12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

I am not a perfectionist, but I like doing things right. I am really all about doing the right things though. Karma has a way of kicking us in the ass if we don't.

No comments: