22 April, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness on Thursday

After reading the comment on yesterday's post I thought why not. I won't do them on Wednesday but when I can.

Go here to link up and post to your blog.

Part 1:

George Bush:

1. "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." Is your house run more like a dictatorship or a democracy?"

Neither. It is a monarchy. I am the Queen Bee and all are my subjects. No, really, we take it day by day here. With kids that are now adults the house is very laid back most of the time.

2. "America is the land of the second chance - and when the gates of the prison open, the path ahead should lead to a better life." Are you likely to forgive a transgression and give someone a second chance?

That depends on the circumstance. I cannot say I do not hold a grudge, but I try to forgive. Most times I just move on or away and lead my life the way I think is best.

3. "Do I think faith will be an important part of being a good president? Yes, I do." Is faith a big part of your life?

Faith, yes. Religion, not so much.

4. "The major role for the government is to create an environment where people take risks to expand the job rate in the United States." Do you feel your job (or your S/O's if you work at home) is safe?

Yes. Safety is necessary in our life.

5. "I believe a marriage is between a man and a woman." Do you believe in gay marriage?

Do I believe in it? Yes, it happens. Do I live the lifestyle? No.

6. "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." Do you think the current U.S. wars will lead to a more peaceful world?

I think with the nature of mankind being as it is, true peace is just a fantasy.

7. "I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun." At what age would you allow your child to shoot a gun?

I was 6 the first time I shot a gun. My kids were about 6 and 8 when we got a BB Gun. Gun safety is essential at any age because they need to know that it is a weapon and can be used to kill. At what age though, that depends on the child. No set age.

8. "It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." Do you live on a tight budget?

We are a one income family, so yes, we have a budget.

9. "Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called "walking."" Do you like people with swagger?

Mom was from Texas, it is just a walk. Confidence is important and beautiful.

10. "The tyrant has fallen, and Iraq is free." Is this how you view it?

I think that depends on what happens after we pull out. Will their government remain? I hope so. Hope is eternal.

Part two:

Today we picked George Clooney. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. "I grew up in the world of bad television, on my dad's sets and then as a young schmuck on dating shows and so on." What is your all time worst TV show and why?

Lost. I guess I just don't get it.

2. "I'm certainly the last person to give advice on, well, anything." Where do you get advice?

My husband, my friends and my family. I trust what they have to say.

3. "Run for office? No. I've slept with too many women, I've done too many drugs, and I've been to too many parties." What celebrity do you think could make a run for office?

Not sure. I think most celebrities get to be celebrities by reading lines others have written. I am not sure that qualifies you for a political office.

4. "The only failure is not to try." Tell us about a recent failure.

Failure is not something I count all that much. I make mistakes, try to redeem as much as I can and move on. Make lemons out of lemonade.

5. "After doing One Fine Day and playing a pediatrician on ER, I'll never have kids. I'm going to have a vasectomy." If you have kids, tell us about them. If not, would you want them?

I have two wonderful children. My son is 20 and my daughter is 18. Not only are they my children, but I think now I can count them as my friends. I love being able to go for coffee, chat and get to know them as adults.

6. "You have only a short period of time in your life to make your mark, and I'm there now." Have you made your mark yet?

I hope I will be remembered after I pass on, but that is up to my children.
I do host a podcast each week which puts me out into the land of knitters, crocheters and spinners. Have I made a mark? I hope so.

7. "I don't believe in happy endings, but I do believe in happy travels, because ultimately, you die at a very young age, or you live long enough to watch your friends die. It's a mean thing, life." Do you believe in happy endings?

I believe all things end badly, if it wasn't bad then it wouldn't end. It is the difference in saying "Bye" and "Good Bye". Good Bye is final for me.

8. "I was in a bar and I said to a friend, 'You know, we've become those 40-year-old guys we used to look at and say, 'Isn't it sad?'" Have you ever felt that way?

Oh hell yes. I know I am the "Old" I used to look at when I was 16. I am okay with that. I may be middle aged now, but I love all the knowledge that comes with earning my gray (even if I dye it)
9. "I'd think, 'In a relationship, we should never have this kind of fight.' Then, instead of figuring out how to make it work, I looked for a way to get out of it. The truth is, you shouldn't be married if you're that kind of person." Have you ever left a relationship that you later regretted?

No. Each of my past relationships ended for a reason. I am happy in the relationship I am in now and don't look back.

10. "I'm the flavor of the month." What celebrity is your flavor of the month?

I know it's weird to pick a news person, but I think Anderson Cooper is hot. I have since he hosted the show" The Mole". That was one reality show I had a good time watching.

No comments: