04 August, 2009

Been Busy

These last few weeks have been very busy around here.

Last week was Coast Guard Fest. here in Grand Haven and I had my daughter and my niece to take downtown each night.
They had a blast riding rides, going to the beach and walking the carnival area.
I on the other hand, drove up about 4 hours to spend 2 days with my husband. I had not seen him in a couple of weeks and the get-a-way was perfect. We reconnected and were able to make plans for a but of our future. Hopefully they will all play out.
I left the hubs there and drove back Friday morning. On Saturday, Deborah and I attended the craft fair and had a wonderful dinner downtown then came back to my house for knitting before I had to head back down to pick up the girls after the fireworks. It was a full week/weekend and I am ready to get back to reality.
I was able to finish up reading To kill a mockingbird for class. I can see where it is a good book but not one that I will read over and over. Just not the style I am in love with. We are now watching the movie in class and as always, I do not like the movie as much as I liked the book. I know it is a classic on all sides, so sue me, I have a different opinion than others do *shrug*.
Next book is The Grapes of Wrath. I have enjoyed a few books by Steinbeck, so I hope to enjoy this one. In the meantime, I have finished reading Summer on Blossom street and enjoyed it as a quick read. Yes a summer fluff book that I loved, surprise! This keeps me on track for my book list and that is what I was looking for. I am also reading up on Good Queen Bess, as I have a paper to write on her for my history class.
On the knitting front, I have finished knitting Myra (Mara pattern PDF) and need to weave in the ends and block her today.

No comments: