08 May, 2009

Reading and a bit of knitting

I am still trying to do the 52 books in 52 weeks; here is an update on my reading. Book (16) was On what Grounds followed by (17) Through the Grinder both were by Cleo Coyle and were good reads. I then went on to read (18) Tuesdays with Morrie and last night I finished (19) A Good Year. The books were so much better than the movies that were done about them. To me this is always the case, my kids debate me on it, but they really do not like to read. My knitting friend Margo donated some books to my reading cause a couple weeks ago. I am going to start Water for elephants, which is one of many she gave me, next. I did end up going to our local bookstore yesterday and I picked up a few books from the used part. I had earned a $10 coupon from them, thought I better use it. I normally cannot find Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series books there, but I found a couple as well as Diana Palmer's Long Tall Texan Weddings, which has three of her books in one big one. I did perorder the new Dan Brown book while I was at the book store, but forget to preorder the new Debbie Macomber Summer on Blossom Street book.
On my knitting, I finished my Noro shawl; I actually love it, which surprises me because I am not a huge Noro fan, too much VM and too many knots. I struggled through and have a lovely shawl now that I have worn a couple of times and received many compliments on..100_6315
Yesterday morning while at my pre-op appointment at the doctors, I finished my pocketbook slippers. I made them in Caron One pound in the Sage Green colorway. (Pictures to come soon)

After recording the new podcast yesterday, I ran down to Lizzie Ann’s Wool Co. on 8th Street in Holland. While looking around, I saw that they had put on clearance all of their Cashcotton yarn. I had picked up a few skeins a while ago but knew I needed more if I was going to do a project with them. So, I grabbed up 4 more skeins in the raspberry color I already had. Love that I spent less than $20. I started the Self-fringing bias scarf with it last night at Knit Night.

No comments: