19 March, 2009

Homeward bound

Wednesday morning we set off for the long trek back to Michigan.
We searched out a route through Ft.Wayne that would end our yarn crawl in Lansing. Yes, we had to hit Threadbear.

We had a slow breakfast at the hotel and then we were off to Knitting Off Broadway in Ft.Wayne, IN.
It was a smallish store but very busy while we were there. We were both hungry so we left fairly quick. The ladies had told us about Mad Anthony's Brewing Co and Munchies. The food was SO GOOD.
I had Scooby Snacks. Yes like scooby dooby doo

They are steak fries with cape cod seasoning and served with a cucumber dipping sauce that is to die for good!! Along with this, I had a yummy Frisco melt and a lemonade. Perfect lunch.
Deb had a Ruben and red beans & rice. Yummy. Neither of us tried a brew, but we were on the road so not a problem.

On the way to the freeway, we stopped for gas and I saw they sold local wines there. I picked up a country white from St. James Winery. I love wine :)

Off and going for another couple hundred miles and we were at ThreadBear Fiber Arts by 5pm.
We were both looking for yarn for our "Trip Sweater" something to remember the trip with. Yeah, like the credit card bill wouldn't be a reminder.
I ended up purchasing Curvy Knits by Jillian Moreno to make the A-Line tunic and enough Artesanal in a light heathered blue to use for it. I also bought enough Malabrigo sock yarn to make up the Leafy shawl that Deb has been working on and a pattern for the Prairie Blanket.
Deborah bought enough wool for the Origami Sweater she wants to make up and two skeins of Dream in color in autumn greens. Yum!
Oh, I ripped out the scarf on Noro. Was not happy after almost 1/2 way done. I have decided I am going to make up the Swiss cheese scarf instead and have fun with it. (pattern is a Ravelry download)

We went out to dinner at Cheddars and had an awesome Hawaiian chicken salad and then a snookie for dessert. (hey one last hurrah before we go home)
I pulled into the drive way at 10:05pm

It is good to be home. Today I have done laundry, cleaned up the kitchen some and started dinner in the crock-pot, as well as blog about everything.
You will notice their are no photos. Yes bad blogger! No cookie!
I left my card in the laptop when I uploaded on Tuesday night. I didn't know and was taking photos all day without a memory card. Hopefully I can grab some from Deborah in a few days.

No comments: