09 December, 2008

Falling in love again

This has been the week for falling in love again.
My husband and I have been at each others throats for a while now, even going so far as talking about divorce...not what either of us wants, but it was heading that way. Well stop the train!
We are talking again, I mean talking to each other, not at each other. We are listening, we are interacting, we are finding that we are still the people who fell in love so many years ago and we want to stay together.
My husband is a good man, and I think there are times that I have taken advantage of that and I needed to step back and realize that I needed to put in as much, if not more, than what I was taking from the marriage. I will recommend the Love Dare books to anyone who is trying to save their relationship. I am on day 12, but in less than two weeks, my mind has changed, the way I look at my husband has changed and I cannot wait for the rest of the changes and welcome them fully. My husband is on day 2, but we all start at different times.

I remember when the Sergeant and I first met, the day dreams, the want we had to be together, the way we put the other person first. Over the years, this has changed, the kids came first, as they should and jobs got in the way of us. Now that the kids are older, we have to come back around to us and we learned that we are selfish and needed to stop thinking about ourselves and get back to the other person being first in your life. He is my world, I know that, or I thought I did.
This book and the dare that goes with it has opened my eyes and shown me I am a very selfish person. I don't like that about myself and am determined to change... so one step at a time I am going to fall in love with my husband all over again and I so look forward to the ride.

No comments: