01 October, 2016

One year


One year follow up
I'm not sure what scale to use. Mine said 215 this morning. The bariatric clinic's said 218 and the sleep doctor's said 220. I think it all has to do with the water I had. Ugh! 
Official weigh in is 218 down from a start one year ago at 315. I could have been heavier before that. I hadn't weighed in except at my yearly appointment in years. 

I talked to a behaviorist, basically a phycologist. She seemed happy about my progress and where my head is after this year. She agrees that it is a mental mind fuck and eventually it will even out. I need to work on my journey and stop seeing everyone who has hit goal and comparing. I will get there eventually. I'm actually happy where I am. 

I talked to the exercise therapist about my worry over my legs. She advised I see my doctor about shin splints or possibly stress fractures. (I have an appointment on Monday) and then she advised me to only go to a 2 incline on my treadmill. She also suggested I get a bigger exercise ball to work out with and gave me a bunch of exercises that won't hurt my legs. I'm also to use that for balance. Cardio 3x a week, Strength 3x a week, balance 3x a week. This will be my routine after I am checked out by the doctor about my legs. Until then, I am to rest, ice, compress, and elevate (RICE). I ordered a ball and pump from Amazon. 

Next, I talk to my dietitian. She is a hoot and has the cutest new baby girl! Awe!!
My macros have changed to 1200 calories, 35% carb, 35% protein, 30% fat. My carbs and fats have been too low. She is going to check on me in two weeks to see if I have gotten more even with my macros. Lately I have been all over the place and I need to even out. Buckle down and get my shit together. It's hard...very hard. I haven't gained since June, but I haven't lost either. 

Finally, I talked to the NP I see every visit. She said I'm on track, just need to keep going. I do take my vitamins regularly and everything looks good. (She had me up my iron a couple weeks ago). When I see my doctor, I do need to ask about getting my hormone levels checked. Other than that, I need to have an upper scope (November 17, 7am) to check my esophagus for Barrett's Disease  http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/guide/barretts-esophagus-symptoms-causes-and-treatments 

After I saw everyone at the bariatric clinic, I saw my sleep disorder doctor for a check up. My cpap is now fully auto instead of pressurized at 9-12. This is the last step to hopefully being off the machine in about a year. I know it's a process, I hope I will get there. 
My one year date is on the 30th. 
I've come so far and way too fast. 


The best is yet to come! 


1 comment:

JoyfulStashKnitting said...

Congratulations Coggie girl! You are doing amazing and are an inspiration daily to me.

See you on Ravelry!

Joyfulstash