21 February, 2016

20 weeks post RNY- a bit of a rant

Hi, 
It's been a couple of weeks. 
I am getting in a new me groove. I have lots of energy and want to get everything done, yesterday. However, I am only one person and can only do so much. 
We have always lived by the saying "One hand for the house and one hand for yourself. The house comes first!" Well, I am changing me, but I feel the need to clean up the house and get organized. I have given myself the goal of mid March to have this done. It does not count my husband's areas of the house because if he cleaned my areas, I would flip out. I will not challenge him, he works too hard to allow me to be me. So, the kitchen, dining room, living room and craft room are my areas. I am about 1/3 done and frustrated I am not further along. 
One of the problems is that every time I pull stuff out of the craft room and get some organized, someone comes to my house. This means all the stuff must go back in the craft room so the living room doesn't look like a yarn store exploded. Yeah, lots of toting back and forth. Another problem, that is not a problem, is that the snow has melted and I want to be away from the house. For the last few years I was stuck at home. Now, I can walk, drive, go...and I want to go. So, I do. That does not help get anything done. 

All this doing has kept me on my toes with food and getting liquids in. I am mostly a hot beverage drinker these days, so I dusted off my tea pot and have been enjoying Twinning decaf chai. 
This was my afternoon relaxing time today. This teapot holds 32 ounces. 
I seem to be in a Sunshine colors part of the year. I know this because the outfit I bought the other night (in an Xl !!!) is again in the yellow family. Never knew I could pull off yellow. 
They say that those who like purple do not like yellow and vice versa. Yeah, not a huge lover of purple and wearing it makes me look sickly. However, I look pretty good wearing this yellow. 
The outfit is from a pop up shop from  Lularoe. I had never heard of them before the other night. I bought two outfits. I want oodles more and will be using this as goal rewards for myself. They also have dresses and maxi skirts. Yep, get yourself some Lularoe! It's like wearing jammers all day and not look like you are headed to Walmart. 
Btw, look at those legs! I am still not used to seeing myself not a 3-4x.  
Begin Rant:
On another track, I have decided to take some time off from my local bariatric group meeting. I walk away each month feeling that I wasted over an hour on nothing I didn't know before. The group introduces itself then there is open talk. Then, about the last 10 minutes of the meeting the nutritionist goes into what the meeting was about. Some of the things talked about are serving sizes, cutting out sugar and recipies. She always has a treat to try too. Well this is all well and good, i can't eat a full serving of most things these days. I don't eat sugar and artificial sweetener is just disgusting. I use agave or natural stevia when I have to sweeten anything. No nasty aftertaste. 
The last recipe she had, has sugar in it, brown sugar, yeah, this would have made me very sick. 
I'm wondering if she is new to the bariatric area or if this is the reason people fail the surgery. 
Some talk was about eating around your surgery. Why not to do it. Oh my goodness, maybe it is because I am only 4.5 months out, but really... You rearranged your insides to get healthier, look better, be able to move (insert your reason here) , why the hell would you try out things to screw it all up? I gave up bread and pasta before the surgery, I gave up gluten before the surgery , I feel better now, why would I add that back into my tummy? I don't like listening people whine about what they have done to themselves. I am also sick of hearing that EVERYONE who has WLS is a food addict. No, I will say I am not a food addict, never was. I had issues of not being able to exercise. Catch 22 big time for me. However, lumping everyone together with one phrase is never correct and highly annoying. Yes, I ate food, I am relearning what I can and cannot have. Protein first, don't drink you calories and eat slow. This works for me so far. 
Yeah, I'm over the group and will try doing without it for a while. I'm tired of walking away feeling like I do. 
Rant over. 

Goals for this week:
Exercise 5 days. Getting back to the routine is hard after time off from surgery. 
64oz of liquids. 
Keep track of liquids.



1 comment:

The Stitching Diva said...

I don't always have the ability to listen regularly to the podcast, but you've always been educational. I've learned a lot from you. After this last podcast I was very inspired and appreciate your honesty. We have some similar beliefs.