03 September, 2015

New me!

Hi,
It's been a while since I posted to the blog. A lot of changes are happening and I find I need a spot to put my thoughts down.
I had to have a second surgery on my right knee mid June of this year. I am tired of having surgery on my legs. 5 is too many. I want to walk, run, crawl, and play with my grandchildren. I want to grow old with my husband. The number one thing keeping me from really living my life is my weight. I have been on every diet you can think of and none worked for me, with my body issues. I had thought to have bariatric surgery back in 2006 and had gone through most of the classes and months of dieting when my father passed away in February of 2007. Because you have to pass a psych exam to have the surgery, the doctors thought this was not the time for me. I was focused on grieving instead of on me. Looking back, they were right. That was not the time for me. I needed to say goodbye to my father.
 Now, I am more in tune with me, my body and who I am/want to be. I am now moving forward. I have found a surgeon I trust and will be going in for bariatric surgery on the 30th of September. I am reading up as much as I can on the RNY style of gastric bypass. I want to be informed. Most of what I read is positive but some is negative. All is truthful and the truth is not always positive. There are truths that this surgery does not work for all but I am hoping that it will work for me. I will try to update my voyage to the new me.
My preop at the hospital is on the 9th. I start my presurgery diet on the 16th. I get checked on the 25th then hopefully I get the okay to have surgery on the 30th.
During this time I will also be putting the finishing touches on Knittin'in the Mitten 2015 and getting ready for the fall quarter at college. I hope I can keep it all together.

3 comments:

Enid said...

hope it all works for you, Ka-Ri xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

You've got this girl.

Unknown said...

You've got this girl.