26 September, 2012

HodgePodge Wednesday

Want to join me on another adventure with Joyce? Click the lick in the picture.

1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge this week falls on John Chapman's birth date. He's more famously known as Johnny Appleseed...what's your favorite variety of apple?

Honey Crisp! So juicy and sweet/tart and just the right amount of crunch.

2. When did you last say 'ick'?

Not sure. I say Ugh! more than ick!

3. Do you think there's a generation gap? Explain.

Yes. Different generations learn differently. My parents learned from doing and from books, while my children learn best on a computer. I am in the middle, as I am the generation that learned in all three ways. There are gaps, but they are bridgeable.

4. What's on your computer screen saver? Do you leave it alone or change it often?

I don't have a screen saver, but I do have a desktop picture. I change it when I am in the mood. Right now it is a picture of my husband taken when we last skyped. This way I can see his face and know that he was thinking of me when it was taken.



5. If you had the attention of the entire world for two minutes, what would you say?

Calm down, breathe and think. I think a lot of what is going on in the world today is because people act on emotion instead of thinking things through. IF everyone would just take that moment to think of what the reactions to their actions will be, then most of the bad stuff would go away. I know, I live in my bubble quite happily!

6. Four fashion trends to try this fall are-brocade/jacquard (fancy printed fabrics), peplum, lace, and printed pants...which of these four would you be most likely to wear?

Lace, but not in like a dress or something. I do like lace shawls and lace on or in a sweater. I have too big a butt to pull of printed pants or peplum's and printed fabrics are not really my style. I am a plain Jane tee and Jeans type of person who gets dressed up on when I have to.

7. What can make your bad day better?

Hearing from my husband or hearing my grand kids giggle. His voice calms me in the moment and their voices show me there is a future.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am going on an adventure with out leaving my house. I am going to sew. Yes, I know, I suck at sewing, but I am trying to change that. I have opened a pattern today and I am going to cut it out then cut out the fabric to make make me some PJ pants. I am not sure how they will turn out, but I am told that they are a beginner pattern. With luck, my next post will be how they are a success.

3 comments:

retired not tired said...

"Skype" is a wonderful device. It brings our families so much closer together. I skype my mother and my daughter. LUV it.

Joyce said...

Good luck with your sewing project! I would like to open up my machine this winter I think...it's been a long time but I am hoping its like riding a bike : )

jennifer anderson said...

that is nice