30 March, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge on Thursday

1. What's the last job you did that required elbow grease?


I would have normally said scrubbing the glass doors of our shower. However, since I have found the perfect cleaner (1 cup white vinegar- heated and 1 cup blue dawn dish soap) I no longer have to use elbow grease.


2. March Madness, aka the men's Division I basketball championship, is nearing an end. What sort of 'madness' has your house seen this month?

My husband has been home for the last 3 weeks post surgery. I love my husband, but nothing is worse than a man who is unable to do anything but watch TV or surf the Internet. Thankfully he is getting better and will return to work next week.


3. What's your favorite shop for browsing?

Furniture stores. I love to go look at new stuff for my house. Online-Pinterest- it is so fun to dream through that site.

4. Is there ever a time when giving up makes sense?

Yes. If it is not healthy to you or the person you want to be, giving up is the best solution.

5. What's a song you love that contains the name of a city, state or country in its title?

El Paso

6. When did you first begin using a computer?

My fist computer was an Aquarius. I think I was 13 when I got it and it hooked up to an old black and white TV. I had  to write dos to make the computer do anything. I took programming classes when in high school on an Apple 2e and thought it was so much more advanced than what I had at home. Laughing now as my cell phone has more computer power than either of those did back then.

7. Did you buy girl scout cookies this year? What's your favorite?

Yes, Thin mints, Tag-a-longs and Somoas. Somoas are my favorite.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Sorry I have not posted for a couple of weeks. As you see in the answer to question #2, I have been a little busy. Today I watched my grand kids so that my FDIL could go on a field trip with one of the older grand kids. By the time she picked them up, I was so tired. I am blessed to have gramma time, but always thankful that they are able to go home.

No comments: