12 February, 2012

Grand Rapids Food Weekend

We stayed at the JW Marriott

12th floor

the room

102_2676
102_2677

View during a snow storm
View in a snow storm
Looking down

Loved the bathroom!
Tub
Shower
Sink

Outside
102_2692
Grand Rapids art piece

Waiting on Dinner
Micheal our Waiter
102_2696
Water to start
Roasted squash soup
White Sangria
Fondue for Two
Crab Encrusted Steelhead
Chargrillled Filet Mignon 8oz
Good enough to almost cry
“Banana Split”
Yeah- it was that good!
End of meal treats
That was Friday night.
Saturday went spent the day at a military event getting all the new info we need for the coming year. After we were dismissed we napped for a bit then headed out for dinner. We were told that Z's was the place in the area for "Good food and relaxing"
Sarge had
Saturday dinner
He loved it!
I had
'
They were touted as "The best ribs in town" yeah- well, after one bit I could not eat them. I did not complain, just didn't eat. The owner did comp my meal. How they are called the best I have no idea!! The service was wonderful and the Pineapple juice with Southern comfort that I had was amazing!
We went back to Six-One-Six for my meal
Went back to six-one-six
Balsamic Mango and blue cheese
I am not a Blue Cheese lover, it was good but not my favorite thing there.
I ordered the Six-One-Six Burger
Charred burger and fries
For dessert we shared a
chevre cheesecake
We will be returning to this restaurant.
The storm passed and we headed home on Sunday
View before we left

No comments: