14 December, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday



You can link up on Joyce's blog here


1. Do you put Christmas decorations in every room of your house? If not every room, what rooms do you decorate?


I used to do up Christmas with every bit of magic I could think of. But the kids are older and so are we. This year I am just not in the spirit of the season and don't even have my tree up. Sad because I know I will love it once it gets put up.


2. If you could visit one of the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) which one would you choose and why?


I have to choose one? I want to travel to all of them, preferably in the the warmer months of the year.


3. What does the word faith mean to you?



Believing with an open mind. Faith is personal to each person and should be treated with respect.



4. You can go back to your childhood for one day...what day and age would you choose?


2 days-


I think I was 4 or 5 when my dad took me up for touch-n-go practice. This was special because we hardly ever got one on one time with dad. I was able to spend the whole day with him and he let me take the controls of the plane for the first time while we were in flight that day. It led to me loving to fly.


The second would be when I was a teenager. My mom always made a big deal about setting up for Christmas. We would put on Christmas music and sing out loud while we undid the boxes of glitz. We would then decorate the tree with all of the ornaments talking about where we had lived when we got the items and whose ornament it was we were placeing on the tree. Each person got a new one every Christmas eve to put on the tree and then they were packed up each year in that person's box. I wish I knew what happened to my box.


5. When did you last have 'punch'? If it's not too much trouble share your favorite punch recipe.


At my daughter graduation party. I made a basic punch of red Hawaiian punch, 7up and Rainbow Sherbert.


6. Do you fill stockings at your house? Are stockings opened before or after the bigger gifts?



We normally do. Not sure about this year. Stockings are always opened before the big persents. It was the one thing the kids could open before breakfast.



7. What takes your breath away?


Holding my grand children and listening to them laugh. I cannot get enough of them.



8. Insert your own random thought here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always loved that song!