05 October, 2011
Join us here on Joyce's blog
1. What's your favorite meal to serve on a chilly autumn evening?
A good pot of soup like cheddar potato and fresh baked beer bread. My rule on the type of beer to use when making the bread is the darker the soup, the darker the beer. If you are not partial to beer bread, use the recipe with orange soda and lemon peel to get a fruity bread that is great for breakfast.
2. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
Yes, and no. I am a creature of traditions. I do holidays a certain way and like to keep them the same year to year. This stems from me being raised in a family that moved quite a bit. The traditions kept us grounded even if we were in a new home. However, I love to try new things and go new places. I like to travel and am always up for a road trip. I do not have to go to the same place to eat or hang out with the same people all the time.
3. What food product (no longer readily available) do you remember and miss from days gone by?
Funny you ask this today. I have been craving a burger all day. Not just any burger, but an In-and-out Burger. I want it with fresh fries and a big vanilla shake. Yes, there are burger joints here in West michigan, but I cannot get the burger I want. I really need to go visit family out on the west coast soon.
4. What's something you've lost that you've never been able to find? Any theories as to what happened?
My Justin Roper boots. They were short boots made for women. I cannot replace them as the only short boots they have now have grippy soles. My boots had all leather soles and were perfect for wearing to the corral or danicing on a dance floor. The boots got lost on my move from California to Michigan. I keep searching the site hoping they will bring them back.
5. Zoo~circus~ carnival...your favorite?
Carnival. I like the midway games, the greasy food, the fun atmosphere. However I would give all that up for a wool/fiber festival.
6. What song makes you feel instantly happy?
7. To what extent are you an argumentative person?
Truthfully, very. If I know a subject and I know I am right. I can argue until the cows come home.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I dyed my hair today.
No make up, but this is me.