You can link up for Hodgepodge here
1. What is one piece of advice you would give a 'just turning' 21- year old adult?
Just one? I always give three.
1. Don't sweat the petty stuff. Our lives get bogged down in the small stuff that won't matter 10 years from now. These are not the things we need to stress about. Life will take care of them as it happens.
2. Start your retirement savings now and do not touch it until you are 62. If you start now, you will have a retirement to play with in your golden years.
3. Always get short and long term disability with your insurance at work. You are young, but you are not made of rubber. Accidents happen (see yesterdays blog post) and there are times that you need to be covered so that you can heal properly.
2. Besides cooler weather (or warmer weather, depending on your hemisphere) what is one thing you are looking forward to this fall?
Wearing my hand knits. I love wearing hand knit socks and hand knit sweaters. Other than that, apple and pumpkin picking. I always make apple butter in the fall and make up pie filling in advance, but this year I want to make pumpkin butter. Sarge fell in love with this stuff from the farmers market and I want to try making it.
3. What sound lulls you to sleep?
Spoken words. I fall asleep to podcasts or books. I used to fall asleep to my husbands grumbly voice. The natural lull of a good conversation, that I am not participating in, will put me to sleep.
4. September is National Preparedness Month...does your family have an emergency 'kit' and/or disaster plan in place?
LOL, my husband is all over this. Yes, we are prepared as much as we can be. We could last a while without having to shop for food (or hunt if that is the case). We have meeting places and emergency points all set up.
5. How has your blog changed since you started blogging? Or has it?
Oh my gosh- my fist blog was over on msn, now I am on blogger. I talk a lot more about life now, it used to just be crafting. I think the biggest pull of that is the podcast, because I talk about crafting more on that. I try not to overlap the podcast and the blog too much, but sometimes it happens.
6. What's something you've recently learned to do on the computer?
Ctrl e to center words in a word doc. This has helped me so much in doing homework.
7. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
This photo was taken hours before I dropped my husband back at the base to leave for Afghanistan.
It says so much to me.
8. Insert your own random here.
I am looking for ways to take anxiety out of my life. This last weekend has shown me that I need to know how to relax. I am trying meditation, but will go the route of medication if I have to. Any suggestions? (not in medications, I will go with my doctor on that)