Link up here and play along
1. Share a favorite song lyric.
I know I have shared this song before, but it has my favorite lyric in it.
Billy Joel- You're my Home
When you look into my eyes
And you see the crazy gypsy in my soul
It always comes as a surprise
When I feel my withered roots begin to grow
Well, I never had a place that I could call my very own
But that's alright my love,
'Cause your my home
When you touch my weary head
And you tell me ev'rything will be alright
You say use my body for your bed
And my love will keep you warm throughout the night
Well, I'll never be a stranger
And I'll never be alone
Where ever we're together that's my home
Home can be the Pennsylvania Turnpike
Indiana early morning dew
High up in the hills of California
Home is just another word for you
If I traveled all my life
And I never get to stop and settle down
Long as I have you by my side
There's a roof above and good walls all around
You're my castle, you're my cabin and my instant pleasure dome
I need you in my house 'cause you're my home
2. When was the last time someone yelled at you?
At me, a while ago. I am the yeller in our family :(
3. Money, fame, happiness...are they mutually exclusive?
I think if you find happiness then the others really don't matter. I think you can have all three at the same time though.
4. What is your favorite dish to prepare for family and friends that doesn't require turning on the stove, oven or an outdoor grill?
Does a crockpot work?
Pulled Meat Sammie
2-3 pounds of lean meat (pork roast, chicken or beef)
1 small jar unsweetened Applesauce
1 bottle of cheap traditional BBQ sauce
Place meat in crock-pot. Pour applesauce over; pour ½ of BBQ sauce over.
Place lid and cook on high for 4 hours. At this time if your meat has fat on it, defat it.
Cook another 2 hours on low for chicken or high for other meats.
About ½ hour before serving, pull meat apart with forks, take out any more fat you see and the bones. Pour the other ½ of the BBQ and stir. Cook for the next ½ hour on low.
To serve, Place meat on rolls, add coleslaw if you wish.
SUPER SUPPER YUMMY!!
5. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week. What is one thing you could do this week to simplify your life? Will you do it?
I have donated 3 car loads of stuff to GoodWill and I have at least two more trips to go. We began our house clean out last week and we didn't even know we were participating.
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being 100% and 1 being not at all) how tuned in are you to your country's national political scene?
I would say an 8.
7. What are your final parting words to the month of July?
You went too fast. My husband now has to go back to his civilian job.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I think my brain hurts too much for a random thought.
I have friends coming over this weekend for lots of spinning, knitting, and laughter. I reall think I need this.