You can link up here and join the fun!!
1. How has your hometown changed since you were a kid? What has changed most about the neighborhood you grew up in?
I am not sure what my hometown is. I was born in Northern California, so I will use that town. It was a very small town when I lived there and I believe it is still a very small town. Small towns do not seem to change much with time. Oh, the new technology comes in and new poeple come as the old ones move off, but the small town feel never leaves.
2. What song makes you laugh?
Most of what was played on Dr. Demento in the 80;s. The one I recall that made my week on Pirate Radio every Friday was The Scotsman
3. Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Read the books? Seen any/all of the movies? Will you be standing in line somewhere close to midnight later this week? For those of you playing along today who live outside the US or UK is Harry Potter a phenomenon in your part of the world?
Yes, I am a fan of the Harry Potter books. I think that anything that gets kids reading is worth reading myself. I have read all of them and just had a movie marathon with my husband to watch all 7 that are out now before we see the next and final movie. I will not be standing in line this week, but plan to see the movie next week sometime.
4. If the truth hurts, will you tell a lie? Are we better off as a society in a world that allows no form of deception whatsoever?
If someone asks me something, I try to answer in the best possible way of getting the truth across. If they want a different answer, they should ask a different person. The truth can hurt, but honesty is always the best. You cannot change what you do not know about.
5. What is your favorite 'sauteed in garlic and butter' food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better.
Mushrooms and artichoke hearts. I love them sauteed and tossed with noodles in a butter and garlic sauce. I don't eat them often, but YUM!
6. Attending any reunions this summer/year? High school? family? Other? Do these events stir up excitement or dread?
Nope, The reunion of this summer was my husband coming home from war. It has passed. We are now looking forward to him going back to work and our lives becoming completely normal again.
7. Lilac, hydrangea, peony...pick one.
Lilac. Hydrangea is nice to look at, but I don't like the smell. Wasn't sure what a peony looked like til I looked it up online. But lilacs, we have them in our yard. Love the smell on an early summer day.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My daughter is a wonderful photographer. Last weekend she took photos at my friends wedding. Here is a shot of Sarge and I, all dressed up.
Another where she got my annoyed look just right
and one that I am going to have printed and framed for the wall.