23 June, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday on Thursday

Sorry this is late. I have been busy.

1. Summer's here-whoohoo! What's your favorite sight, sound, AND smell associated with summer?
The sound of the water hitting the beach sand. Giggles of small children building sand castles and playing in the surf. Nothing says summer to me more than this.

2. Fireflies or lightning bugs...what are they called in your neck of the woods?

I call them fire flies. My husband calls them lightening bugs. I was raised in California, him in Michigan.

3. What is something from the past week that reminded you of your childhood?

The trip my husband and I took across Michigan. Staying off the highway we drove back roads and enjoyed the scenery. This is something my parents would do when we were traveling.

4. Define 'the good life'.

Nothing planned. Feet up, a cool breeze and knitting in my hands.

5. Tell us what we'd see if you took a snapshot of your desk/work space?

LOL--so not going there. What I will tell you is that I believe a clean desk is the sign of someone who has too much time on their hands. I have it sorted, but it is not clean.

6. Peaches or watermelon...yes, you have to choose.

Peaches. A fresh warm peach off the tree. Rinse under a water pump and eat. YUM!


7. Ever been skinny dippin'? Is that too much for the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Rest assured we won't need details...unless of course you feel you must but remember, this is a family friendly blog so keep it G rated.

Yes. I was about 17. It was at Little Rock Dam and we had a really good time!


8. Insert your own random thought here.

I love having older children who can stay at the house and take care of it when my husband and I decide to get away. Today we are headed up north and I don't have to worry if the cats will be fed or the trash is taken out while I am gone. Having adult children is a blessing that I am thankful for.

No comments: