04 May, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday







You can link up here

1. Have you ever been served breakfast in bed? Do you enjoy that? If someone were serving you breakfast in bed this coming weekend what would you hope to see on the tray?

I have been served breakfast in bed. I don't really like it. I would rather have a table in front of me. I am not much of a breakfast eater. A bowl of oatmeal or granola with yogurt is my normal breakfast, so the big hoop-la of eggs, bacon and such that the family always wants to make is just too heavy for my morning tummy.
All I want for Mother's Day!

100_0057[1]



2. What is one piece of advice you would give a new mother?

You cannot spoil a baby. When they get older, they can be spoiled, but when they are new born, they feel safest in your arms, feeling your heartbeat. They cry for a reason, you will learn the different sounds in time, but until you do check everything and then if nothing else, hold them.

3. When was the last time you wanted to scream? Explain.

This morning. I am under a small amount of stress these days and just trying to get it all done makes me want to scream and relieve tension.
When I managed a hotel, my friend managed the one behind mine. We would occasionally call each other and just scream. We understood why and it always made us laugh in the end. It was better than running to the broom closet and crying for 5 minutes.

4. Can you hula hoop?

Nope, never been able to keep it on my hips.

5. What is something people do in traffic that really bothers you?

Talk on their cel phones. Really..are you that important that a call cannot wait? A car is a deadly weapon yet everyone treats them like they are just toys. Driving should take your full attention.

6. What do you do when people don't admit they're wrong?

Leave it alone. Why push someone to admit what you already know? I do not need to feel the validation of being right.

7. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word 'fun'?

Laughter. You know something is really fun when the belly laughs come out.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I spent some time this week plying up some of the singles that were on my bobbins.

Pop Star

Pop star

Beach Day

Beach day & polypay

Both are chunky. Not sure what I will do with them. Maybe I will warp my loom and weave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been looking at pictures of your yarn. You do lovely work!!!

Joyce said...

We were driving all day yesterday and couldn't get over all the people on their phones...ridiculous!