02 March, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday

1. March 2nd is Dr. Seuss's birthday so I'm wondering...do you like green eggs and ham? Okay-how about this instead...how do you like your eggs? Or don't you?

I have had eggs and Green ham, it was wonderful!! But green eggs, never had them.

I like my eggs scrambled with cheese and fresh black pepper. I hardly ever eat eggs though.


2. Is March coming in like a lion or something less ferocious where you live?

It comes in like a lion here, but it depends on the year if it stops being a lion by the end of the month. We get both lake effect snow and regular snow, so I am buried with white "stuff"(insert s word of choice here) most of the month.


3. Do you work better or worse under pressure?

Most of the time, better. I like to have time to think things over and then get down and dirty and get it done. I set personal deadlines so I have to work on stuff. If left alone, I will flit from one thing to another.

4. March Madness-are you a fan? It's college basketball in case you're wondering. And if you're outside the USA tell us-is there any sort of 'madness' taking place during March in your part of the world?

I have not seen a basketball game since junior high. I don't understand the game. The only sports I really watch are the Olympics and the X-games. I love the competition of those.

5. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?

When I am crafting. I knit, crochet, spin, tat and am getting into weaving. The time I spend with yarn is my quiet time to get into a zen and just let the mind wander to wherever it needs to go. It depends on what is on my mind as to what I can work on. If I want to escape, I get into lace. This allows me to have the pattern take up my mind so it doesn't wander and think about what I don't want to think about. Where if I have something to really think over, I work on stockinette patterns or socks.

6. What item of clothing from your wardrobe do you wear most often?

My jeans and a simple tee shirt. I have always loved jeans. My mother made most of my clothes when I was young. She was an amazing seamstress, but I still remember wanting the jeans all the other girls were wearing. I was able to save up babysitting money when I was 12 and buying my first pair of jeans. They were Levi 501's. I am still a Levi girl, but they don't make my size. One day I will fit back in the pair I have tucked up in the closet.

7. Do you use sarcasm?

Uh- yeah! I use it to its best.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I have one room in my house that needs to be cleaned out. Cleaned out clean house style. Everything removed and sorted through. Throw out what is not needed and put what is needed into containers. Put up shelves, add the containers and make the room usable again. I used to call it Sarges office-shh its a craft room, now I just refer to it as the CRAP room. It is my goal in the next two weeks to have this room done. I hope I have enough trash bags to reach this goal.

If you would like to join me in Hodgepodge here is the link

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, like you, eat my eggs the same way. I've given up all things animal-related, though, so no eggs for me anymore!

Expats Again said...

I forgot how relaxed knitting and crocheting makes you feel. Thanks for reminding me. I know how easy it is to let your mind drift.