19 January, 2011

Hodgepodge

After reading auburnchicks blog for the last couple of weeks, I decided I would jump in the Hodgepodge Wednesday postings from this blog. Join us if you want :)

1. Do you like your name? Were you named after someone? If you have children how did you settle on their names?
I both love and hate my name. It is KaRi pronounced like Marie but with a K. I love that it is different and unique, but hate having to explain it everytime I meet someone new. Most people end up calling me Carrie which is ok or I get called Coggie a lot too. I wasn't name after someone, but something, my name means Little White Flower.
My kids have names that were not in the family. I didn't want them named jr or the 3rd. Their nicknames relate back to my nickname as a teenager. Bear's middle name is taken from a friend who passed away right before he was born and Boo's name is just one I like from an early age. She is also named after a flower, but it is a much easier name than mine.

2. How do you define success?

Happiness and contentment. I feel very successful if at the end of the day I am happy and can sleep with ease.

3. Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy?

I'm a trivia nut. Used to run a trivia chat room back in the day. I still watch Jeopardy when I have a chance.

4. If you could own any single object that you don't have now, what would that object be?

1970 Mach 1. Not for me though, it is my husbands dream car. I would love to see his face when I handed him the keys.

5. What is something that inspires you?

People. I love people watching and gain inspiration from others.

6. Meatloaf-yea or nay? If its a yay how do you make yours?

I don't care for meatloaf, but it is my husbands 2nd favorite food so I cook it a lot. Here is my recipe:

Meatloaf
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 egg
1 cup salsa
¼ cup ketchup
1 cup instant rice
2 tsp dried minced onions
1 Tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp. parsley flakes
Mix together, place in 2 qt round oven safe casserole with smaller bowl in the middle
Bake 375 for 40 minutes or until done.


7. Which is more admirable-the ability to organize and be methodical or the ability to adapt and make do?

Adapt and make do. I am a military wife, this is the story of our household.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am in limbo right now. I am a list maker who cannot plan the next couple of days and it is driving me crazy. So, I revert back to adapt and make do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I had no idea you pronounce your name the way you do! I love the uniqueness of it!!!

BTW, you show much generosity in wanting a car to give your husband. You are a kind lady.

Michelle said...

You have a beautiful name and I like it's meaning `Little White Flower`

I have never tried putting rice in meatloaf. I should do that sometime.

I see by your sidebar that you are a knitter. I don't know how to knit, but I crochet. I belong to a group at church who make prayer shawls.

VeganCraftastic said...

I know what you mean about unique names, people always pronounce and spell my name wrong (Kala). But on the other hand, I've never met another Kala that spells their name like I do, so that's kind of cool!

Joyce said...

I wouldn't have guessed the pronunciation either.

I've never had salsa in meatloaf. I love salsa so that sounds like something I'd like...might have to try.

Coggie said...

If you try the meatloaf, remember to put the bowl in the middle. Upside down. It collects the grease so the meatloaf is perfect without being dry or greasy.