After reading auburnchicks blog for the last couple of weeks, I decided I would jump in the Hodgepodge Wednesday postings from this blog. Join us if you want :)
1. Do you like your name? Were you named after someone? If you have children how did you settle on their names?
I both love and hate my name. It is KaRi pronounced like Marie but with a K. I love that it is different and unique, but hate having to explain it everytime I meet someone new. Most people end up calling me Carrie which is ok or I get called Coggie a lot too. I wasn't name after someone, but something, my name means Little White Flower.
My kids have names that were not in the family. I didn't want them named jr or the 3rd. Their nicknames relate back to my nickname as a teenager. Bear's middle name is taken from a friend who passed away right before he was born and Boo's name is just one I like from an early age. She is also named after a flower, but it is a much easier name than mine.
2. How do you define success?
Happiness and contentment. I feel very successful if at the end of the day I am happy and can sleep with ease.
3. Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy?
I'm a trivia nut. Used to run a trivia chat room back in the day. I still watch Jeopardy when I have a chance.
4. If you could own any single object that you don't have now, what would that object be?
1970 Mach 1. Not for me though, it is my husbands dream car. I would love to see his face when I handed him the keys.
5. What is something that inspires you?
People. I love people watching and gain inspiration from others.
6. Meatloaf-yea or nay? If its a yay how do you make yours?
I don't care for meatloaf, but it is my husbands 2nd favorite food so I cook it a lot. Here is my recipe:
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 cup salsa
¼ cup ketchup
1 cup instant rice
2 tsp dried minced onions
1 Tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp. parsley flakes
Mix together, place in 2 qt round oven safe casserole with smaller bowl in the middle
Bake 375 for 40 minutes or until done.
7. Which is more admirable-the ability to organize and be methodical or the ability to adapt and make do?
Adapt and make do. I am a military wife, this is the story of our household.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am in limbo right now. I am a list maker who cannot plan the next couple of days and it is driving me crazy. So, I revert back to adapt and make do.