Link up here
1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?
My daughter has earned awards for academics, and graduated with Top Honors.
My Son won the National Choir Award.
My husband has earned a few awards in the military.
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
LOL...Everyone but me, and I serve by marrying it. My husband is currently deployed, serving with his unit in Afghanistan.
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
My family. Freedom is worth fighting for, we do not just give lip service to being patriotic.
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I am the baby. Yes it has made my personality what it is today and yes, changing that would have made me a different person. I not only had to vie for attention, I had to be strong when my older siblings went off. By the time I was a teenager, only one brother was still at home and for a few years, I was an only child. My parents and I had a different relationship, we talked, joked and were friends. I miss them dearly.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
Long life and going until the end.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
I love my jeans! I do like dress pants and wearing sundresses in the summer, but really, I am a blue jeans kind of girl.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
Once or twice normally. I get up, do my business and get back in bed. Without hubby here, I turn on the ihome to sounds of a thunderstorm over the beach and fall asleep.
8. Share a favorite movie quote.
Suck my Dick! -- GI Jane
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
Macintosh Apple or hot buttered rum.
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
Rhinebeck!! True name is the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival. Any other year, the changing of the trees. It is like they put on fancy pants before going out for the winter.
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
Haven't had many surprises lately.
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
I had driven across the country with Sarge. The future in laws asked us if we had gotten married along the way. Nope, waited a few more years on that one.