Today we picked Bruce Springsteen. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “When it comes to luck, you make your own.” Do you believe you have that type of control over your luck?
Yes, The choices you make are either good or bad. Sometimes it looks like it can go either way until you make the final decision about something. Choices are all any of us have.
2. “You've got to learn to live with what you can't rise above.” What is something you have had difficulty rising above?
Hmm hard question. I like to think I roll with the punches pretty good. I may be upset for a while over something, but I tend to get the emotions under control and reason out with logic why something is the way it is. One thing though would be cliques that form in any situation. I don't deal well with cliques. Be open or go away. I know I have to live with them, as they happen, whether at college, in a knitting group or in life in general. That does not mean I have to be part of the clique or want to be around the people who are part of it.
3. “Poor men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, and a king ain’t satisfied till he rules everything.” Would you want to be rich?
Money does not buy happiness, though it make happiness easier to find. I am not sure I want to be rich. I want to be comfortable. I want to not have to worry if the bills will get paid or what will happen if the car, fridge, washer...breaks down. I think that a bit more savings would be nice. Rich though, no, I don't want to pay the taxes that the rich have to pay. I don't want to worry that my friends are only around me because of the money I have or the things I am able to buy. I like to keep it real and in that, keep it simple.
4. “The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.” Tell us about a song that helps you "face the world."
Oh my, too many to talk about. Forever in Blue Jeans, Manic Monday, Traveling Soldier, Let it Be and I must of done something right, to name a few. Music is hard because it depends on my mood as to what I listen to.
5. “In America everything's about who's number one today.” Have you ever been a fan of someone you thought would last but turned out to be a flash in the pan?
Oh yeah. I love the one hit wonders on VH1, Mostly good songs that bring back lots of memories.
6. “Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?” Has any dream of yours come true?
I think many of my dreams have come true. I am luck enough to have a husband that love for me to be happy, so he strives to provide me with a dream filled life. Have everyone come true, of course not, that is why they are dreams. There are ones I am thankful that they have not come true. Dreams change as you grow.
7. “Our American government has strayed too far from American values. It is time to move forward. The country we carry in our hearts is waiting.” What would you change if you became the president?
Oh yikes, Not even going there. I try to keep my political views off this blog. Sorry.
8. "Yeah, I had gay friends. The first thing I realized was that everybody's different, and it becomes obvious that all of the gay stereotypes are ridiculous." How do you feel about gay rights?
Don't we have a piece of paper that states " All men are created equal"? Yeah, I think it still applies.
9. " It's a sad man my friend who's living in his own skin and can't stand the company." Have you ever been disappointed in yourself?
Oh yeah. I am my biggest critic and as such I am hardest on myself.
10. "The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with." What's your favorite type of music? What's your favorite band?
As shown above, I like all music, from Rock to Country, blues to classical with show tunes thrown in for good measure. My taste changes with my mood. Today, I feel like listening to the soundtrack from Camelot, tomorrow it might be something different.
Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness.