03 June, 2010

Wednesday Wickness On Thursday

Today we picked Phil Jackson. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. "Always keep an open mind and a compassionate heart.” Do you ALWAYS keep an open mind?

I try to keep an open mind. There are certain things I do not budge on.

2. “Wisdom is always an over match for strength.” Who is the wisest person you know? Who is the strongest?

My father was the wisest person I ever knew. Now, I am not sure. Each of my friends are wise in different ways. The person I turn to the most for anything is my husband.
Strongest is harder. I am surrounded by strong people.

3. "Yes, victory is sweet, but it doesn't necessarily make life any easier the next season or even the next day." Do you think a successful day at your job makes the next day better or not?

I think you take each day as it comes. There is no need for worry about the future or regret in the past. What is, is.

4. "...True joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way." How would we tell by your behavior if you are having a bad day?

I get quiet. I do vent to friends, but on a truly bad day, I get very quiet.

5. "I gave it my body and mind, but I have kept my soul." Do you have days when you feel you gave it your all, but may have compromised your values?

No. I can give all but there are very few times I have ever compromised my values. I have a line in the sand that just doesn't get crossed.

6. "Your problems never cease. They just change." What do you feel is your biggest problem at the moment?

LOL, the blog is not long enough nor do I have time! Let me just say, my husband is deployed, my daughter is graduating, my son just started a new job and I have finals in college next week. What problems? *twitch*

7. "My dad always had this little sign on his desk: "The bigger your head is, the easier your shoes are to fill." He really drilled that in." Does your ego sometimes get in your way?

I try to keep it under control *grin*

8. "There is a saying that I love...It says: "There are no Zen masters, there's only Zen." "Zen master" is a contradiction in terms. You don't master Zen." Do you believe in Zen? If yes, can it be mastered?

I believe there is a calm that comes from introspection and meditation. I can get this calm when I sit and knit. It is a time that nothing good or bad goes through my mind, a time of just being. If that is Zen, then yes, I believe. Can it be mastered? Why try. Zen is Zen.

9. "You can not teach competitiveness." Do you believe you could teach someone, like your child, to be competitive?

I think it is ingrained. I think my kids are competitive, however, they know that winning is not everything. That if you do your best then you have achieved the best you can do.

10. "Home is where the heart is, right?” Obviously Phil didn't originate this quote. He said it when asked if he'd retire after this season. Do you believe home is not a place but rather a state of mind?

Yes!!
Being military I have several places I call home. California, because that is where I spent my teenage years. Michigan, because that is where we live right now. Really what home is to me is summed up in this song by Billy Joel.

No comments: