14 April, 2010

You can link up to the Random Dozen by the link on my side bar.

1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?

I got off the fashion train many years ago. I think, if you like them wear them. I do not like them, so I will not be wearing them.

2. What is your favorite pizza?

Thin crust rubbed with roasted garlic. Sun dried tomatoes, chopped basil, cashews and pineapple. I make it at home. To die for!!

3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could? [Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]

I want a tri-level chess game from the original Star Trek. My brother had one when we were growing up and we loved playing it. I wonder what happened to it over the years.

4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.

There are 3 restaurants this area is known for:

Fricano's Pizza. In my opinion it is nasty pizza, however people who have lived here forever love it.
Pronto Pup's. I had one once, never again, but my kids love them.

and Butch's Beach Burrito. I have never eaten at Butches so I have no opinion on this one.
I am not originally from here, so my tastes did not develop while growing up here. Maybe that is why I prefer to eat at home.

5. What is your current favorite snack?

Hummus and pita with pine nuts

6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
C. Survivor

The biggest looser I think. I can dance, but I would be voted off by my looks on DWTS and my idea of camping is ordering room service so no way would I try out survivor.

7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?

10, had it detailed by the daughter this week. She wants to use it for her driving test.

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.

I get allergies. I have them, pollen is out. *sigh*

9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.

I know I am under too much stress right now because I cannot think of the last time I laughed really hard. I know it was recently, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was about.

10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.

Losing weight.

11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.

"In the fields of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind."--Louis Pasteur

12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.

I called both my kids and they both answered this by saying "Give me money." I love having teenagers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man...hummus...yum!!!!!!!