07 April, 2010

Random Dozen



1. Define a great relationship.

Honesty and open communication lines.

2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?)

Vanilla Soy Latte this morning

3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)

I love labs, St. Bernards and Basset hounds. Basset puppies are the best as the walk on their ears :) So adorable.

4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?

New Mexico. I love the desert south west.

5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

Oh hard question! I am who I am because of the way I was raised. But one thing I would change going back is that I would have listened to my parents more. I used to think they were lecturing me when really they were giving me tried and true advice.

6. Who's the funniest person you know?

My husband

7. Did you get enough sleep last night?

Enough, is there such a thing? I slept very poorly last night due to not feeling well. I should have taken a knock out drug, but I knew I had to be up early this morning.

8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning?

That I had to get Boo to work and Sarge to the dentist.

9. Grilled or Fried? --HONESTLY

Honestly, it depends. I love grilled meat, veggies and bananas--yes bananas.
Here is how I make a grilled banana spit:

Take a banana still in the skin over a grill, Heat until warm all over.
It will mush out a bit when done.
Peel it and put hot banana mush in a bowl, top with cold vanilla ice cream, fudge and caramel. Put cherry juice and two cherries on top.
OMG yum!!
Don't knock it til you've tried it!!

Oh- and here is a healthier version that I will be having now that I am on a diet.

On the other hand, I love fried. Fried zucchini, green beans, cauliflower, carrots. Good non greasy fried chicken. YUM. Now I mostly eat "oven fried" but it is not the same. Every once in a while you just have to be bad.

10. Are you afraid of the dark?

Sometimes. It is not really that I am afraid of the dark, just that I like to know I have a light so I can see. I do not feel comfortable in pitch black.

11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Anything but a mom. Really, I didn't want kids until I became pregnant. Now I know they are my life.
As for a career, I wanted and still want to own my own business. I do not like working for someone else.

12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose?

Knowledgeable.

Over the years I have had many people refer to me as a Know-it-all. This can be a bad thing, but I have learned to accept that I am knowledgeable on a lot of different things. I now take that phrase as I am sure my friends intend it and ignore the people who mean it in a degrading way. I do not look at it as being all knowing, as I am not, but I am a jack of all trades, master of none.

No comments: