16 February, 2010

Random Dozen

AuburnChick posted for others to play along, so I will.





1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
Summer: High Jump.
Winter: Ski Jumping, I always like watching the men fly through the air, it just looks so fun. I also like all the snowboarding stuff, makes the Olympics a bit less stuffy, so I could see myself having fun there. Not that any of this will ever happen, I dislike snow.


2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?

I remember watching when the US won Gold over Russia in hockey in 1980. The height of the cold war and it felt like it all came down to these athletes.


3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?

Not competed. My father made it to the Olympic trials in 1934 doing speed skating. He loved skating and used to take us kids to the rink. I have never been able to roller skate, but I used to be able to ice skate.


4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?

Hm I'm not sure. I don't cook as well as a chef, I don't clean as well as a housekeeper... I'm not sure what I would get gold in, maybe a bronze in talking on the telephone, being on the computer or a silver in acquiring stuff for my hobbies.


5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?


Yes. all of us kids were raised to know our heritage well.



6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?

Most times. Sometimes I sleep too late and it actually hurts my body.

7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that’s two, I know. Whatevs.)

I have never had to perform CPR on anyone. I used to know how, but I think the how to's have changed in the last 10 years.

8. Name one country you’d like to visit and explain why.

The United States. As much as I would love to go overseas and see different countries, I am not finished being a tourist here in ours. I want to visit battle fields, see where the Declaration of Independence was signed, look up at Mt. Rushmore. I love the USA and want to see it all.


9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?

nope, not a thing I do.

10. What is the last book you read?

A highlanders dream, or I think that was the name. Historical (yeah, cough) romance. Good ol brain candy.

11. What Olympic story are you tired of hearing about?

How the Canadian, Jenn Heil, LOST to the USA. She didn't loose, she won a silver, which is DAMN hard to do.


12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?

Mediterranean Veggie sandwich and cheddar broccoli soup. Paneras is not my favorite restaurant, but I love this for lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...gotta agree with you on the Mediterranean Veggie! LOVE this (got it on Sunday as a matter of fact!).