16 October, 2009

This blog is brought to you by the Letter "A"

A...A... Apple... apple... a...a...a!

Yes more Apples.

I am now thinking I was insane to take on this much apple stuff in 3 days.


Pie apples

What I learned making pie filling Part 1: I need bigger pots that are not regulated to wool.

What I learned making pie filling Part 2: Crock pot can hold pie filling to cool while you make the rest of the filling.


100_7251

What I learned making pie filling Part 3: When you run out of cornstarch, use double the amount of flour in a rue of the liquid mixture.

What I learned making pie filling Part 4: My pie pan hold about 3 cups of filling. Now have enough for 11 pies!!!!

What I learned making pie filling Part 5: Waiting for a boiling mixture of sugar to cool is torture.


Pie Filling- cooling

What I learned making pie filling Part 6: Not making a pie for that nights dessert is just mean! Yes, I can be mean.

What I learned making pie filling Part 7: I still have 1/2 a peck of apples. I am tired of peeling chopping and cooking.

No comments: