12 June, 2009

Flowers and WWKIPrep

Flowers are starting to show up around our yard. I don't have the early spring flowers like the daffodils or crocuses. I would love to have them, but I haven't gotten around to buying/planting them yet. So, I wait for the beginning of June and receive my wild roses which are starting to bud.

Roses are budding



All I do is cut the bush back each year and let it do it's own thing. I do think I might need to get something for the spots on the leaves, I will check into it.




Irises

Iris Iris

I just love the purple, red and yellow together. I will try to get another photo when more bloom.



I have spent this morning getting ready for World Wide Knit in Public (WWKIP) day tomorrow. Unlike the name, we do include Knitters, Crocheters and Spinners. I personally think it should be Fiber in Public Day, but most people would think we are talking about eating out then.

I need to pick up some wrapping paper so that I can wrap up the door prizes.

The Needlesmith in Grand Haven (LYS) has donated some yarns, I have donated a few skeins and I have a few books and sets of stitch markers to add to the fun.

I am also making up WWKIP button/pins for everyone. I think I will make up 5 and then take my machine to make more as they are needed. I have no idea how many people will show up so I want to be prepared, but not stuck with buttons in case no one shows.

I did canvas the area with fliers, but we all know that unless there is a comfort level in going, people tend to stay home.

If you would like to join us, We will be at The Old Boys' Brewhouse on Saturday June 13th (tomorrow) from 1pm to 4pm. Come on down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a fun WWKIP day! Its with events like this that I wish I lived closer to some of my Ravlery friends.