16 November, 2008

MMM cookies

Not my picture, but these are the cookies, The picture comes from this Blog


Russian Tea Cookies


1 cup butter

1/2 cup confectioners sugar

1 teaspoon almond extract ( can use vanilla but not as good)

2 1/4 cups flour

1/4 teaspoon Salt

3/4 Cup Finely chopped nuts



Cream butter & sugar, add extract, flour, salt and nuts. Mix well. Form into dime size balls,the smaller the cookies are made, the better. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. (they don't brown much but they burn easily!)

Cool SLIGHTLY.

When still warm, roll in powdered sugar cool more and roll a second time.

These cookies are also called butterballs.

Makes 9 dozen if rolled small.


My son just called me from the grocery store, he was craving these cookies. I told him to bring some home for me :)

No comments: