15 July, 2008

Simple Pleasures

Hello, welcome to the middle of July. I hope everyone has been having a good summer so far.
This has been a good week here. On Friday we got my hubby packed up and shipped off to duty and these few weeks we get are perfect for the kids and I to reconnect. We do plan on getting the clutter and chaos out of the house this week as well as spending some time together either at home or at the beach.

This last weekend I finished up a pew projects and I started a few more.
Yes more knitting/crochet.

While getting hubby all packed up I crocheted up a bag I entered into the Summer Kal/Cal I am in that will be perfect to carry along for sock knitting. Pink sock Purse
It is made from one skein of Sugar~n~Cream cotton and with a button I received in a swap.
I plan to make up the pattern. It only took a couple of hours to crochet up.

On Saturday I was bored with socks so I decided to make a Calorimetry from knitty.com
Calorimetry doesn’t it remind you of a yarn kiss? It does me. I made it out of SWS yarn in Geranium. The yarn is a bit splitty and I am not sure if I enjoyed making it up or not, but the pattern is wonderfully easy and mindless.
I have received two swap packages and one prize package from groups on Ravelry. From the Kari Group, we had a washcloth exchange. My Kari mailed me a wonderful package. Kari's Washcloth Exchange She saw on here that I was learning to spin, so she sent mohair roving along with the washcloth. It is soft and yummy, but a very short draw on it and I am sure I will have to work up to spinning this.
From the Kitchen exchange, I received my package all the way from Scotland. She mailed me a Cup with hand knit lacy cozy and some wonderful wax beads to melt up. They smell so good. Cup Cozy Swap
And finally from the Monthly Adventures group, I received a prize from their Beaded bag KAL. Prize package 2 Skeins of cotton blend yarn, a pattern for a shopping/market bag, yummy smelling hand soaps and tea. Plus a wonderful little card that says
"Simple pleasures are life’s treasures".
this is my motto for these weeks I am husbandless. I need to get back to simple and give the Chaos over to a greater being to handle.
My simple pleasure tonight is that I am sipping on Autumn Harvest Leelanau wine from a winery here in Michigan. It is a bit dry, but good for after dinner. I am also working on my second submission for the summer KAL/CAL; from She-Knits I am using Lambs pride in Browns, oranges and copper. I have yellow if I need to change, but I like the copper color. We shall see.
Yours in stitches,
Coggie

No comments: