Two years ago I wrote a list of things I hoped to be able to do once I had gastric bypass surgery.
I will mark, in bold, the ones I accomplished in the order in which I wrote them.
1. Tie my shoes without hassle
2. Touch my toes
3. Sit in an airplane seat without an extender
4. Feel comfortable sitting in the back seat of a car
5. Play cars with the grandcubs on the floor
6. Ride a roller coaster.
7. Go down water slides
8. Wear size 10 pants
9. wear a medium top
10. Buy calf boots that fit and zip
11. Purchase clothes from a regular size store
12. Go hiking
13. Walk a 5k
14. Ride a bike
15. Walk up a flight of stairs without panting
16. Walk fast enough not to hurt my hubby
17. Walk the boardwalk and pier
18. Climb a pool ladder
19. Go horseback riding
20. Be told I'm tiny
21. Fit in a restaurant booth
22. Take an Amtrack trip
23. Easily cross my legs
24. Sit Indian/crisscross style
25. Wrap a bath towel around me
26. Pull the car seat forward
27. Wear my husband's clothes
28. Feel pretty
29. Walk a corn maze
30. Build snowmen in the yard with grandcubs
I'm only missing 6 out of the 30 NSV's I wrote when I began this journey. I plan to finish this list this year.
Things I did not write down like working a full time job and finishing my college degree…wow. So many more that are not mentioned.