21 September, 2017

Two years In the making.

Two years ago I wrote a list of things I hoped to be able to do once I had gastric bypass surgery. 

I will mark, in bold, the ones I accomplished in the order in which I wrote them. 


1. Tie my shoes without hassle

2. Touch my toes

3. Sit in an airplane seat without an extender

4. Feel comfortable sitting in the back seat of a car

5. Play cars with the grandcubs on the floor

6. Ride a roller coaster. 

7. Go down water slides

8. Wear size 10 pants

9. wear a medium top

10. Buy calf boots that fit and zip

11. Purchase clothes from a regular size store

12. Go hiking

13. Walk a 5k

14. Ride a bike

15. Walk up a flight of stairs without panting

16. Walk fast enough not to hurt my hubby

17. Walk the boardwalk and pier

18. Climb a pool ladder

19. Go horseback riding

20. Be told I'm tiny

21. Fit in a restaurant booth

22. Take an Amtrack trip

23. Easily cross my legs

24. Sit Indian/crisscross style

25. Wrap a bath towel around me

26. Pull the car seat forward

27. Wear my husband's clothes 

28. Feel pretty

29. Walk a corn maze

30. Build snowmen in the yard with grandcubs


I'm only missing 6 out of the 30 NSV's I wrote when I began this journey. I plan to finish this list this year. 

Things I did not write down like working a full time job and finishing my college degree…wow. So many more that are not mentioned. 


No comments: