08 July, 2016

Week 40 post RNY. - 9 months

Wow how time has flown. 
This adventure gets better each week. 

Not everything is a basket of roses, I tried sugar free chocolate and dumped so bad I didn't want to move. I just wanted to cry. Next day I was up and use it as a learns lesson. I don't need sugar free chocolate, so it doesn't need to go in my tummy. 
Food however, is becoming easier. I know the choices I am supposed to make and making them is easy. Good food means I feel good. I like that. This last weekend we. Headed out for our first out of town adventure since I had surgery. Yes, sadly we don't go away very often. I took my basics with me. Core power light protein drinks for breakfast, protein bars for lunch or 1/2 for snack time. I had PB thins, jerky, quest chips and other snack if we needed them. I had planned dinners out. The first night we went to Cracker Barrel. Normally I would not think this was a healthy place to eat, but Sarge wanted it so I knew I had to find healthy on the menu. I was able to order a side of pinto bean and 3 grilled chicken tenders. Healthy and yummy. So yummy, I made a pressure cooker pot of beans with ham tonight for dinner: 
In pressure cooker put
1 pkg dried pinto beans (16oz)- rinsed and sorted
8 cups water
1 lb ham- chopped
1 tbl dark brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley

Cook on high for 30 minutes at pressure. Let the pot depressurize. Stir, add a bit of dry mustard. Repressurize and cook for 10 minutes. Serve. 
Mfp gives me these stats: 10 servings- 11g protein, 3 fiber, 10 carbs, 5 fat, 126 calories

Other meals we tried out on the road
Qdoba- very good
Dead Bear Brewery- very good- I only had 3 fries. 

Burger King- not good- hurt the tummy even though it was grilled chicken salad.
Grocery store run for turkey meat, pepper jack cheese, yogurt, bai drinks, and nuts. 
We did have grilled meat and chopped salad while at one friends and baked chicken while at another. My tummy handled the adventure vey well and I didn't feel deprived at anytime. 
As to the stats, I started mid September at 315 lbs, surgery 9/30/15 at 302 lbs, my current weight is 217 lbs. my journey continues. 



No comments: