20 June, 2012
Summertime Hodgepodge Wednesday
1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you?
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food?
BBQ. A good chicken, corn on the cobb and grilled veggies. Topped off with a BBQ banana split. YUM!
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why?
Either Whitman or Kilmer. I would love to talk to the authors of works I havee enjoyed over the years.
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?
I was 17 years old. I had just finished high school and got an apartment with a friend. It was a good time to be out on my own.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
Saving money while saving time. I don't think either should be wasted.
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.
Being able to help someone else. People don't always have the money to give to a cause but when help is needed good people chip in and it brings the best out in them not only during the time of need but also for the future.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time?
I am not exactly sure how to respond to this. How exactly do you take a vacation or stay-cation from being a stay at home wife? Do I go out of town? Do I stop cleaning the house? Yeah... lets leave it at that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Blessed Solstice to those who celebrate the longest day of the year.