14 September, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday




You can link up here

1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year?


For colds I take hot tea and lots of rest. Hot chicken soup normally plays into the game as well. Yes, I will get a flu shot at my regular check up in September.


2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear?

Face it. I have certain things in life that I do fear, but I face them head on. I may bitch about them while it is happening, but I always enjoy the rush of living through it.

3. Share two good things about your life right now.

My kids. Bear and Boo are both turning into good adults and I am very proud of them.

4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style?

Yeah, not going to happen. I didn't live through the 60's except for the last 6 months and I am not going down that fashion trend. I am a jeans and t-shirt type of person. I stepped off the fashion train a long time ago. I dress for comfort and warmth.

5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult?


Yes, and yes. I was a girl scout for a while and I was a Cadette leader as an adult.

6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor?

Apple. Though you didn't list my favorite fall fruit, which is cranberry. I look forward to going apple picking and making apple butter, pies and chutney for the year. YUM!

7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher?

The ability to allow mistakes and teaching how to learn from those mistakes.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


The days are turning cooler here and I am loving it. It is time for me to pull out my fall sweaters and get them washed and blocked. I have 4 more sweaters on the needles right now and a couple of shawls. This is my type of fashion and my time of year!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I love crranberry too...I really love it combined with apples in a crips. Yum! We're in for cool weather this weekend. Really hoping it is cool AND DRY! We've had a ridiculous amount of rain.