07 May, 2011

The last day- What a year!!

A year ago I said goodbye to my husband.
It was not a major goodbye, like a divorce, but it was bittersweet as he was going to spend a year away with the military.

100_3719

We have had quite a year while he has been gone.

Boo graduated from high school

The Happy Walk

Got to see Sarge in El Paso before his major jump off

Wet n Wild El Paso

Spent the Fourth of July together as a small family

Independence Day 2010 (45)

Attended FRG Events

me at FRG picnic

Bear turned 21

Bear's 21st

I spent the weekend in Detroit with friends

Detroit 6

Boo moved out to college

Empty room

Went camping at Michigan Fiber Festival

100_7882

Went to Art Walk

100_7029

And Art Prize

When pigs fly

Attend a military tribute

Colors

Did Wine Tastings

Wine Tasting

Visited Fredrick Meijer Gardens

IMG_1144

Did world wide spin in Public day

WWSIP day

Learned we would be Grand Parents
Leave Party


Attended the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck

Chris, Lorrie & I

Saw my brother

Marc & I

Went to Exhibits

100_0585

Skyped a lot

Skype

Celebrated the holidays

100_0771

Had Sarge home on Leave for a short time

IMG_1551

Went to shearing day

Lorrie and Lamb

Attended Knit-a-Way

100_1214

Had a baby shower

Cake

I have spent the year staying busy, but mostly, I have spent time finding myself and learning to like who I am. I have changed over the course of the year, learned what I like, what I don't like and who I am. I have spent many nights alone, knitting, spinning and thinking. There have been times where I have been very lonely, times where I have had way too many people around me.
My friends online and in person have kept me from going over the edge during this deployment. There were nights where a phonecall kept me from crying. Also nights where Twitter and Words with Friends kept me company. Other nights I would climb inside a book and escape.
I will not say that the whole deployment has been easy or fun. I missed my husband, I missed my kids, but I knew that it would one day come to an end.
Tomorrow is that day.
I get to pick up Sarge after a ceremony and we get to be together. The kids will be with us for a time as will some of his family.
I am happy to start the next chapter of this year as a couple again.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I know how emotionally difficult and draining having a love one deployed is, and also how sweet the reunion is. I'm so happy/excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You experienced a lot of milestones. I'm so glad you posted this. You'll be able to look back and see this turning point in your life and the affect this time without Sarge had on latter events. I am so proud of you, my friend!!

wooliegirl said...

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing these times with us, I love it! I hope you and Sarge get to spend some relaxing, loving, fun times back together....and that he enjoys his wheel!

~RaenWa~ said...

I am so happy to hear Sarge is coming home & you two get to be together again.

I have a brother in law in the Army please thank Sarge for everything he has done for all of us.