18 May, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday


You can link up here

1. What reveals more about a woman-her refrigerator or her purse?

Her purse. A fridge can show what a family eats, but a woman's purse has personal stuff in it. For me I carry the bare necessities: My wallet and check book, my camera, a pack of gum, a tube of lip balm, and anything I think I might need for the day. At the end of the day it normally filled with paper, cards, purchase receipts and what not that will tell you where I have been and what I have been doing.

2. When was the last time you went to the zoo? Where? What's your favorite zoo animal?

I was very young the last time I went to a zoo. I think I was the bad parent that never took my kids to one. If I remember right, the last zoo I went to was the San Diego Zoo, but it might have been one in Chicago. I just don't care to see all the animals in cages. I used to volunteer at the Exotic Feline Breeding Compound in Rosamond, CA. They would take in animals from people who would try to have wild animals as pets. All sorts of cats, from Tigers and pumas to jaguarundi. These medium sized wild cats would have to be my favorite.

3. What social issue fires you up?

The only thing I can think of is that government cannot and should not be run like a company. It is not designed to make money and people need to stop voting business people into office, as they do not tend to do a good job governing us.

4. Are you a coupon clipper? If so, are you extreme?

NO. I never have been. Even the free coupons we get with our purchases sit at home. All intent is there to use them, but I very rarely remember.

5. What is one of your favorite souvenirs brought back from your travels?

Not a souvenir, but we collect rocks from everywhere we go. I have them on top of my computer hutch right now. Each one is different, I put the place and the year on the bottom. This small bit of ground from all over the world is a conversation starter and brings back memories of how we found each one.

6. Lemon meringue or key lime?

Key Lime! I cannot wrap my head around peaked eggs on top of pie to eat meringue.

7. What is the most beautiful word you know in any language?

Friendship. When it is real, it is wonderful.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Update to last week. My husband is home now and the Army cannot have him back...for a while.
I am currently try to get everything together for his Coming Home party this Saturday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you are thrilled to have the Sarge back. How's the DIL doing? No baby yet?

Joyce said...

Yay! Welcome home to the hubs...I know you're happy to have him back ; )

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

So glad your husband is home!! I can imagine you are too!