1. The season of Lent begins on March 9th this year...do you participate and if so, in what way?
No, I don't participate in Lent, though I fully understand why some people do.
2. Traditionally pancakes are eaten on the day known as Shrove Tuesday which is the last day before Lent (March 8th this year). So....butter and syrup? Blueberry? Chocolate chip? ewww, no thanks!! What's your pleasure when it comes to eating pancakes?
They eat paczki's here, not pancakes- umm eww!!
As for pancakes, beer batter pancakes that my father used to make with fresh real maple syrup.
For beer batter, you just use pancake mix and instead of adding water or milk, you use beer. If you like non alcohol type (though it mostly burns off, like beer bread) you can use ginger ale. YUM!
3. Spring is coming. (It is coming, right?) What's your favorite springtime flower and do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Two questions I know, but they're lightweights.
The wild flowers that come up are my favorite of Spring. Yes, I get allergies, when the tree sperm lays all over the place I am a sneezing.
4. "Our opinion of people depends less upon what we see in them than upon what they make us see in ourselves." Author unknown. Agree or Disagree? Why?
I agree. We tend to like those people who we have things in common with and those that show our worst parts we do not normally get along with. I think this is part of human nature.
5. Since it's "March" and also the season of Mardi Gras....have you ever been in a parade? What's the best parade you've seen?
I have been in several parades. Best parade I have ever seen was the Rose Parade.
6. You would jump up and down and shout for joy right now if someone told you___________?
My husband was coming home earlier than expected OR that all the spots for Knittin' in the Mitten were filled. IF you would like to join us for the retreat, please let me know.
7. How clean is your car on the outside? Inside? Is there junk in your trunk?
I have a trash bag to get out of the back seat and it needs to be detailed. No junk in my trunk..well of the car. Only thing not essential is my emergency knitting, and to me, that is needed!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have midterms this week and my mind is about ready to explode. At the end of this quarter I will not have a week off in between classes, so I am really looking forward to Knit-a-way retreat over in Lexington, Michigan. 11 days of relaxing is what gets me through all this chaos.
IF you would like to join us for Hodgepodge, here is the link.