07 October, 2009

52 in 52

I have been working on 52 book in 52 week this year. I am going good on it, I think I am still behind by one week , but that is OK. I love to read and making this goal I was fairly sure I could complete it. Only 12 weeks to go :) I have the new Outlander book, An Echo in the Bone going now and I am really enjoying it.

I am searching for my next goal of 52 in 52.
I have been looking at projects on Ravelry and I think next year I am going to tackle the United States. Yes I know there are only 50 states. What I am thinking about is not a lot of travel, but a lot of knitting.
How I would do this afghan, is to use up scrap yarn I have left over to knit up each square. That way not only am I getting a new afghan for the couch (yes, we use them in the winter) but I am also including this in my High Fiber Diet as a stash down. The way I have it planned out, it will take 56 squares, so I will make 6 star squares to be distributed through out the afghan.
So I would actually be making 56 in 52. I may start early so that I can get a jump on the first 6 before the new year. It depends on Christmas knitting for this plan.
If anyone would like to join me, I am going to be knitting the states in alphabetical order in what ever color I have in the bag next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That afghan is amazing! You're a brave soul!